What Was I Doing in Kazakhstan?

Through the Teaching Excellence and Achievement Program, I was partnered with a teacher in Aktobe, Kazakhstan and spent two weeks there. My teaching duties involved creating and implementing lessons for college professors, teachers, and students ranging from elementary to college levels. Besides teaching, I visited the bazaar, went to the sauna, played paintball, home-stayed in a village, and even taught hula hooping at a community center for the deaf! I met amazing people and this blog is created to share my experiences with you. Enjoy!


This is a group of dynamic village teachers that attended my three hour ESL workshop. 
Notice that personal space is quite close!



The bazaar is a place where one can shop for everything from dried fruit to socks to Drain-O!


I'm gearing up for a round of paintball!


This is the village in which I home-stayed and the location my Brooklyn school will connect to through World Wise Schools.


One of my best memories of Kazakhstan was teaching English and hula hooping at the community center for deaf people.

3 comments:

  1. Nice pictures. Sounds like an interesting trip.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great blog! I just finished reading the whole thing and it was really interesting. Thanks for sharing your thoughts and pictures. I especially love how you shared everything with your students. What a great memory/experience for them, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Crystal!
    So I finally read your blog --- or at least 1/2 of it --- I am looking forward to reading the rest!

    What a cool experience --- and thanks for detailing it on the blog. I always wonder what your adventures are like, and now I finally got a little taste!

    The cultural points you make are very interesting. And the food actually looks quite tasty! Did you enjoy it?

    Can't wait to read the rest of the blog --- and I hope you will start blogging all of your travel adventures for those of us who are home-bound for a little while. :) Where are you headed to next?

    PS. Miss you!!!

    ReplyDelete